17 December 2016

Pre-Christmas at Hash & Tag Cafe (16/12/16)

  It was late afternoon, I was reading my novels and scrolling through the inbox of the Facebook Messenger app. Something had hit me, I immediately went to our group chat whether they wanted to do a night out. From the moment I'm back in hometown for the semester break, the first thing came to my mind was- a high school gathering. Just a few of us would do the trick. Since most of us are back for the break, why not have a gathering and celebrate Christmas?

  I asked my friends in the group chat whether they have any free time for the night out. Yu Xuan was one of them to reply. She said:"Yeah, I would like a night out. How about you guys?" I'm always on the house whenever there's a gathering in my hometown, Malacca. Then came Zhi Bin, he said "Yes, I'm on it as well!" We just left Shi Wei, we also Siak Zhong as well whether he wants to come along too. We were busy chatting that we forgot where's the place of the gathering. I suggested in the group chat that we could do our gathering at Hash & Tag Cafe- it's like our usual gathering spot because of the relaxing atmosphere and soft music for you to chill out.

  We set the time at 9.30pm. I looked the time on my iPad which stated 8.43pm, which means I had 40-45 minutes to get myself ready for the night out. I picked out a blue polka dot blouse and a pair of black jeans. Ending the look with my trustee hairband and Baby G green watch, also a pair of my new Skectchers shoes. Around 9.40pm, Yu Xuan was outside of my house but I was wearing my shoes. My amah (maternal/paternal grandmother in Hokkien) had to entertain her while I was adjusting them. I grabbed my bag and headed out of the house. "We'll be back in time," Yu Xuan and I reassured amah before we headed off to Hash & Tag cafe. On the way, we chatted what we've been up to recently.

  When we reached our destination, we had a difficult time to get the car parked. Luckily, some kind people helped us. We waited about for 20 minutes before the boys arrived. The cafe has a Christmas tree and a snowman to get your Christmas feels. Before that, I had a cup of hot chocolate and a slice of Oreo cheesecake because I didn't eat much during dinner. Yu Xuan sent a message through the group chat asking where were the boys. Zhi Bin sent a photo that they're nearby. Another surprise was Siak Zhong came to the gathering too! We didn't get a reply from him earlier. We talked about each of our success in college and university as well as the struggle we faced in college.

  Time flies when you're having fun! We looked at the time, it was already 12.10am! Uh-oh, it was way passed our bedtime! They were heading out of the door and suddenly turned back because they almost left me behind. Shi Wei noticed my new shoes. "Hey sis, nice shoes!" he complimented. "Thanks! My mum asked her friend to buy them for her in Japan," I said. We waited for Yu Xuan to get the car drive over so it's easier to get in. I saw a blue vintage car. I asked who's car was this. Shi Wei said "You'll see!"

  As Yu Xuan and I were about to leave, Siak Zhong slipped into the vintage car. My jaw dropped! Two surprises in one night! What a night! My very first high school pre-Christmas gathering ended with a perfect note.

2 comments:

  1. Time flies when you having fun , here is mine december gretting card for you https://twitter.com/GlenRose83/status/804257411167035392
    Find me and follow on blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and Merry Christmas. Yes, time flies when you're having fun

    ReplyDelete