5 September 2016

Fish Out of Water at The Fish Bowl (5/9/16)

 My last class which is Biology ended at 1.30pm. Hui Yee and I are waiting for Ammelin, my batch mate, to pick me up because we're heading to The Fish Bowl poke cafe to have lunch. Hui Yee accompanies the two of us, to the lift since she is done for the day. Ammelin presses the down button but the lift is going up so we decide to "ride" with the rest of the students until it reaches the fifth floor, then back down to the ground floor. 

  When we reach the ground floor, we let out a sigh of relive. Since the newly opened cafe is at the university side, we have to walk all the way till the end of the campus. The sun is scorching high above us but that didn't stop us from getting our lunch. On the way to the cafe, some students also walking out of the campus at this time of hour. Still, we have to cross the road to get to our destination. I manage to stop a car. 

  Along the way, Ammelin tells me that The Fish Bowl poke cafe is always full when she comes for lunch. Since it's around 1.40pm, I think there will not be much students as most students' break time is at 11.00am. The moment we enter the cafe, I smell fresh salmon filling in the air. The setting is an underwater theme- the white float hanging on the wall says Welcome Aboard. Since it's our first time dining here, San, who is one of the co workers of the cafe gives us a brief guide on how to order our "fish bowl". 

  I look through the steps carefully. I tick the one that I love to eat on the list, probably almost everything! Nah, I'm just kidding! Ammelin hands our orders to San. After a few minutes, our "fish bowls" are done. I look at the combination of my meal and I know why they called The Fish Bowl because the round cup is like a place for the fishes to swim. Instead of real life fishes, the dishes we ordered are described as the "fish". A very interesting name! I can't wait to taste more when I visit to the cafe next time. Maybe, I'll be putting Mayo or Thousand Island as the final toppings of my dish. 

  A very pleasant and relaxing cafe. The staffs are very friendly and hospitable, so drop by at The Fish Bowl when your nearby to get your lunch out of the water.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment