3 September 2016

MUFY Sharity Carnival 2016 (1/9/16)

  It's the time of the year again- the yearly MUFY Sharity Carnival is on full swing! All classes are reduced to half an hour to ensure all the students to get involved with the event. It's my second year joining the event. I used to think that the carnival was big, in the end I found out it was quite small yet fun! Most games are held at the second floor of the South Building. The food and drinks are all at the Energy Hub.  This time is a bigger event! In conjunction with Australia Week, all the Australian academic programmes in the college- AUSMAT, MUFY and VU Business School come together to educate the students on Australia.  

  Before the big day, we had a pre sale a week before. It was held at the new location, third floor (South Building). They sold handicrafts and pies. After Globalisation class, my friends and I go to the Energy Hub to check out the yummy foods and drinks. As planned, Joni, Othy and I meet up every Thursday. My homie, Hui Qing, sent me a picture of her stall through WhatsApp. I manage to catch up with her. Before leaving, I said "Hui Qing, could you please reserve some brownies and choclate biscuits for me?" Hui Qing said: "Yes, I'll keep some for you!" I thank her.

  Joni, Othy and I go to the foyer a always. Well, gotta do a little bit of course work before you can have fun right? Tomorrow, I'm having a bio topic test so gotta do all the preparations. Although, it does not include in the internal marks, still test on our biological knowledge. At 10am, the three of us head for our respective classes. I'm five minutes late so just left 25 minutes before class ends. At 10.30am, Hui Yee and I head to the Hub for some fun. I buy ice cream, brownies and biscuits as well as coke.

  Since Hui Yee is helping at the carnival, she accompanies me for about 10 minutes, it's worth it! It's just me sitting at the old cafeteria, listening to the music. I also bump into my batch mate, Ammelin. The two of us went for another round of "window shopping" at the carnival, I try some tasty food along the way. All thanks to my juniors, Hui Qing and Ryan, who are so kind to let me try some food samples. It's so yummy! Around 11.55am, Ammelin and I left the carnival and head to the library. I kinda stop in my tracks when sign reads All You Need to know About Australia.

  The booth is organised by the VU Business School students. They have a game to test your knowledge on how well you know about the Down Under. I manage to get three right. Especially the last one when the question about which two mammals only lay eggs. "What is it?" one of the students asks. "The echidina and the platypus," I answer. "Wow, you're the first one to get it right!" she said. She asks how do I know the answer.  "I watch this Pet Collective YouTube series called Growing Up with Bindi & Robert Irwin," I said.

The rest of the day just chilling at my favourite place on campus- the library! Crikey, what a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment