10 September 2016

C&S Carnival in Sunway College 2016 (6/9/16-8/9/16)

  It's that time of the year- the second half of C&S carnival in Sunway University College. I've been looking forward to it for weeks! Since I missed the first one in March, I'm not gonna miss the second time around. Let's take a look at the three-day scene of the carnival.

  On Tuesday, it was the first day of the carnival, I was super excited! I can't wait to help out at the society where I'm in- Sunway Buddhist Society also known as SBS for short. Once at 11.00am, I went to the MUFY hub to hand in some important homework. I was supposed to wait for my senior- Yi Xin, to pick me up at the third floor, South Building, but due to something, that got her a little late so I asked two of the students who were just about to go off.

  As I arrived at the ground floor, I went straight to the Energy Hub. I got lost along the way. "Where's the SBS' booth?" I asked one of the students at the Japanese Cultural Club. A girl said:"I know where it is!" She led me to the booth where it was just at the corner of the hub. Small but at least students will drop by right. I thanked the two fellow MUFY students. One by one, members of the society came! I was so happy to see them. The last time I saw them was about 4 months ago. 

  We have our president of the society- Hon Pong, the PR- Jia Jin and our soon-to-be president- Nico, came to help. I was so happy that I gave them a hug. "Hey Katelyn! How are you?" Jia Jin asked as he settled the banners and posters. "I'm good! How about you?" I said. "Very well! It's so good to see you again!" Well, we have a camp coming up on this Saturday. This is our very first camp in 26 years of SBS' history, we're collaborating with IMU's Buddhist Society. The theme of the camp is: Path to Happiness- Liberate Yourself. It's a three-day-two-night trip in Tanjung Sepat, Selangor. About an hour drive from the campus. 

  To make it more interesting, I decided to a live video through Facebook so that students will know more about the society. Of course, I got the green light from my seniors. It's been a blast! Unfortunately, no one was dropping by as our booth was located in the corner of the hub. There were music performances. I decided to try it out, just to feel the taste of being back in the spotlight. At first, I got rejected by the music society. After much persuasion, they managed to get me through. C'mon, this is my passion, can't you just let the girl to perform just once? 

  On the second day, as usual I went back to help out, Surprisingly, I was the only one at the booth. Since no students dropped by, might as well kill the time by doing some homework just to get the boredom off. I also brought some moon cake, butter biscuits and sweets for them. They deserved all the treats. Nico liked the dao sa piah as well as the moon cake, so did Pratima. As were talking, I found out that Jia Jin, Nico, Yi Xin and I were wearing the Buddhist strings on our wrists. We decided to take a picture. 

  We also managed to pull some students in join our camp but most of them just passed by. The Photography Club students came to take our pictures. Our campus' mascot, Samson the Sun Bear dropped by to say hi to us. 

  On the third and final day, we did our very best to get the students to join in the fun. Two of them came to drop by and we managed to convince them. I'm very happy what I've gone through throughout these three days. I would like thank my seniors, especially Hon Pong, Jia Jin and Nico who guided me throughout the activity. I'm so proud that the carnival was a success! Thanks those who helped out and came by to support us. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment