15 November 2019

2359 SU Fashion Drama: Reset the Clock (14/11/19)

It’s a rainy day for today’s 2359 Fashion Drama but the weather doesn’t dampen the spirits of the students of Sunway University, especially the Communication gang- as they are out in full force to support their fellow cousemates in the Aug 2017 batch. Before I go further, let’s do a bit of memory refreshing. What is 2359 Fashion Drama? It is an Event Management project run by Year 3 PR Project Management students under the Department of Commnication (DoC) at Sunway University. It is to raise awareness on environmental and climate that the world is facing today. It's fashion with drama!

To suit the theme, I choose a floral dress which I dub the "SUNMUN dress". The colours on the dress kind of incorporate with the promotional poster, just to give a little nod to the event. I make my way up to the Art Gallery, as the time is still early, students and guests are waiting for the registration time. To kill time, yummy food and drinks to make that tummy happy! For me, I just have a drink of orange juice and chocolate cheese cream- a favourite dessert of mine, as well as curry puff. I want to have the egg sandwich but my tummy is full.

Chocolate cheese cream cake
As the time reaches 5pm, I head over to the registration counter to sign myself up and back at the JC auditoriums’ corridor to wait for the doors to be opened in an hour’s time. I have a catch up with the students in my batch. To know more about the event, there is QR code for us to scan which leads us to the intineary. We are given the green light to enter the Art Gallery, our environmental warriors act as our guides to our seats. Lucky for me, I have my own "VIP seat".

Our senior, Ruwan is back to his emcee gig! A promotional video is shown at the ceiling before the show, I find it cool! Environmental warriors, are you ready to take out your weapons to save the Earth? Let the show begin! First off, we have Mother Terra- a guardian to all land creatures. From the crawling ants to the furry foxes, you name it! As time passes, humans are starting to build big buildings that we see today, deforestation, and illegal poaching for fur of the animals in the fashion industry, which destroy the creation of Mother Terra!

Secondly, the guardian of sea- Ocena, a little bit of King Triton from Disney’s The Little Mermaid. Like King Trition, Ocena guards the underwater world, all fishes are living the dream under the sea. The nightmare comes as sharks are fished for their fins for shark fin soup that are served in Malaysian Chinese restaurant, especially weddings; fishes are lying dead. Ocena angrily stumps her trident, that one day all that humans will pay on what they have done to her sea kingdom.

The intro of I See the Light from Disney Tangled is on, featuring my singing buddy and performer of the night- Siak Foong. Lady Skye gracefully flying her way to the stage. Butterflies, birds, bees, and bats, you name it. The sky is the best place to soar and break free from all the worries. All it seems to be perfect but the discard of plastics on beaches causing sea gulls to suffocate, bats are unable to pollinate and butterflies, they can't help but to see to their homes destroyed once more. For Lady Skye, it will never be the same for her!

The nature's enemies such as plastics and polystyrene, have become a part of our lives but at the same time it's killing all the three elements that guardians of Mother Nature have created, some day we humans will pay all the crimes that we have committed!

SDG 13: Climate Actions
SDG 14: Life Underwater
SDG 15: Life on Land

Maybe we should add one more- Life on Sky!

Reset the clock, let's do this together! We have a part to save the Earth. Tell me, how can you save the environment in your own way?

If you want more green information, check out their official social media websites:
FB: 23: 59 Fashion Drama
Instagram: @23.59_su


The stage is ready

Lady Skye and our performer- Siak Foong 
Flower power (Source: 23:59 Fashion Drama) 

Protecting our endangered friends 
I'm with Yuki- our environmental warrior 

No comments:

Post a Comment