9 April 2020

Back to University: Online Lecture (8/4/2020)

It's back to university! What am I going to do? I'm back in my hometown. I'm going to university online. It's true! All the classes for this semester will assessed online, which means university from home. Due to the outbreak of Covid-19 in the country, we are on the second phase of the movement control order (MCO), we're staying put until the order is over.

I'm all set for the semester cause I'll be here in my hometown, Melaka. Usually I will pack food from home and bring it to campus but this time I have home cooked food. Talk about going to classrooms, I have to wait to be at the lift by half an hour before class starts, cause by 15 minutes before class, everybody will be lining up and it will get squishy. At home, I set my alarm clock, have some breakfast and set up the computer an hour class, I'm good to go. It's advisable to wake three or two hours before class time, so we have enough time to buffer and get everything done. 

Recently, during the MCO period I was hooking up to games which I left off. Now that university has already started, it's the best to put a timer to time ourselves for not going overboard on the games. Do not miss any class no matter virtually or face-to-face and always be on time! It's a good practice, when we go to the working world punctuality is everything unless we have a leeway in between. 

Another tip on university from home is make sure the room that we are in is noise free, good connection of the Internet (sometimes we will face bad connection), a big study space to put all the university go-to "essentials" such as books, laptop, pencil box, phone, iPad etc. Most importantly make ourselves presentable, some lecturers want to see our faces, be confident and don't be camera shy. Also, have a good set of earphones if we wanna block out the noise around us.  

Instead of a physical classroom, we use Zoom as a virtual classroom to be connected with our lecturers and course mates. I'm really happy to see all of my course mates again. We may not see each other like we used before on campus but I'm sure we will meet physically one day. This semester is going to a bumpy ride, I hope I can achieve my goals! Hope everyone stays safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment