16 December 2023

LifeGen Church Manna Life Christmas Party (16/12/2023)

 It's been three years since I celebrated Christmas with a party, and now this is my first party with the Manna Life Connect Group from LifeGen Church! I got to know the party from Sammi's Instagram story while scrolling through Instagram. I replied to the Instagram story "Interesting!" Sammi invited me to the party, and I said yes.

I don't know what to bring to a Christmas party. My mummy made scones for the Christmas gathering and brought a little gift for the gift exchange session that would happen later at the party. We had a hard time searching around the house and finally found it. It was raining, and I might have slipped along the way. Luckily, Debby came to help with all the scones and gifts. 

Dan Dan was surprised to see me at the party. "I didn't know you were here!" she said. "Yeah, I like to make an unannounced appearance," I said, I like to give a mystery if I'm attending any events. I had pizza, cake, scones and a traditional Christmas log cake. 

To get into the Christmas mood, we all gathered to play a couple of games - a rendition of Bingo with some Christmas elements and a story of the first Christmas night when the baby Jesus was born - here's the catch, the presents that we chose were not for us, it was part of a game called Ke Kiri Ke Kanan (to the left and right) when we listened to the phrases "left" and "right" until the story ends, that's our final gift. 



It was fun passing the presents from left to right, right to left and back. At the end of the story, my gift was a skipping rope, not a gift I expected, so I switched to a bigger one. I wondered what it was and kept on shaking, my first guess would be a puzzle piece - I'll open it on Christmas Day. 



Now, it's everyone's favourite part of the party - Christmas carolling with classics Joy to the World, Come O'Ye Faithful, Feliz Navidad and We Wish You a Merry Christmas. A sharing session for Manna Life people on their spiritual journey. My favourite was Debby's - she broke off with her spiritual connection one year during her senior year in secondary school. That reminded a 19-year-old me in college how I found my way back home to the Buddhist society after experiencing a "friendship breakup" but that's another story to tell.







We were broken into groups to share our aspirations for 2024 and wrapped up our achievements in 2023. My 2023 is a year full of achievements and hope to achieve more in the coming year! Thank you LifeGen Church Manna Life and wishing everyone happy holidays! Click on the video below to listen to my favourite Christmas tune.




No comments:

Post a Comment