11 December 2015

UK Trip (25/11/15- 4/12/15)

  "If you have the chance to go to the country of your dreams, where would it be?" That was a question asked by my Globalisation lecturer, Ms. Uma in class. Everybody in class had different answers. Some said the U.S. , Canada, Australia, New Zealand and even a very funny answer from one of my course mates when he said Thailand as his dream country to visit. The whole class cracked up! Relax, he was just pulling our legs back then. 

  As for me, I chose the UK as my dream country. Why would I choose the UK? First of all, it's historical connections. We all know, the then Malaya was conquered by the British until it gained its independence in 1957. Most places in Malaysia such as the mini Victorian fountain in Malacca, the buildings with the 18th century themed in Penang, also the traditional coffee making in Perak. These were left by the British. 

  Another fact, I love about the UK is the performing arts. Like The Phantom of the Opera, The Lion King, Charlie and the Choclate Factory and Les Misreables just to name a few. They have singing which I love the most, dancing as well as their music. In fact, I watched The Phantom of the Opera on the first day when I arrived in London at Her Majesty Theatre. It's really a fantastic musical! 

  I wanted to watch MJ Thriller Live featuring Songs of Michael and the Jackson Five but my mum said we will have the chance to watch it again when we come back. I was quite disappointed because I was staying opposite of the theatre at My Apartment in Piccadilly. I wanted to watch the show so badly but there are some other attractions were waiting for me. 

  I went to Buckingham Palace to watch the change of guards. For your information, the change of guards happen on alternative days in Autumn and Winter while in Spring and Summer, it is everyday. The change of guards starts at 11.00am (British Standard Time). My dream came true when I visited to the grounds of the Palace. 

The place where the Prince and Princess of Wales made their debut as man and wife in 1981. They appeared at the balcony of the Palace. 30 years later, same goes to TRH the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on 29 April 2011. It is not only for wedding appearance on Royal Weddings, also it acts as a place of Royal family gatherings such as the Diamond Jubilee, state banquets and also the annual of Trooping of the Colours. 

  In addition, I went to Madamme Tussad Wax Museum where all the wax figures of famous people are displayed. From Tom Cruise to David and Victoria Beckham to Angelina Jolie and Bradd Pitt and whole lot more! My favourite part of the museum was the Royal exhibition where they displayed past and present Royals including HM the Queen Mother, HM the Queen, HRH the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, HRH Prince Harry of Wales and Diana, the Princess of Wales. 

  The music exhibition was one of my favourites as well. We have Britney Spears, the Princess of Pop, Rihanna, Amy Winehouse, Adele, Lady Gaga, Madonna, the Queen of Pop and of course Michael Jackson, the King of Pop! He was one of the most legendary icon in the music world. He made a better world and will spread the message of love to the world. His legacy will live forever! 

  World leaders such as the US President Mr. Barack Obama, India's Prime Minister, Mr. Mathatma Gandhi, the current British Prime Minister, Mr. David Cameron and also the British First Lady Prime Minister Madam Margrate Tatcher, who was also known as The Iron Lady

  During the trip, I got the golden opportunity to stay at a real country side in South West. It was a great way to stay out of the hustle and bustle of the city. For the first time in my life, I had the chance to live my life as a country girl. It has a beautuful garden and there's a tree house as well! The place is amazing! It is called Debbie and John

 I had so much fun in the UK! I hope to visit the country in the near future. 






  

No comments:

Post a Comment