30 August 2016

Crime Prevention Campaign at Sunway University (30/8/16)

  After Economic class, I go to the library to have some "me time" as my course mates are having topic tests for Accounting so they decide to skip lunch and focus all their attention on the books. While I'm on my way to the library, students are getting together at the main foyer of the college. I guess it's lunch time for most of them. Well, I'm not that hungry because I'm saving that appetite when I get home from college. As we walk along the pedestrian walkway, there's a slight rain from the heavy showers early morning. The floor is very wet so I have to be careful, especially when you're on elbow crutches because the rubber end will just let you slip and fall, that would be embarrassing! 

  Damian and Pui Yee accompany me into the library while the rest of them wait outside. Luckily they find a seat which is very near at my favourite spot of the library- the fountain view. "Thanks a lot! You guys go ahead, I'll be okay," I said. By the time, I come out from the washroom, the room is almost full! While I'm doing my revision as always, I hear some music that is coming from the University foyer. I didn't care that much at first, so it's back to the books again. 

  Suddenly, the national anthem, Negaraku is played which I pause for awhile and sing softly until the end of it. Curiosity hit me- I have to check out what is going on up there. I ask the student who sits beside me to take me out of the library. To my surprise, a campaign is launched by none other than Sunway's founder- Tan Seri Dr. Jeffery Cheah, alongside with PDRM's Crime Department to raise awareness about crime prevention. 

  There is a small play during the launch. The Pink Panther theme song is on cue, "evil laughter" is heard. As we look up to the balcony, a student who plays the bandit has the real poster. The one revealed by the officials is a "fake". Here comes our "policeman"! He asks the audience where is the "bandit". Together with university's mascot, Samson the sun bear and a little help from the public, the "bandit" is now under the long arms of the law. What a great showcase to raise awareness about our safety. 

  Lucky for me, I have the golden opportunity to talk to one of the policemen who attends the campaign. He is Inspector Foo. Inspector Foo tells me everything about the campaign, also I ask a few questions regarding to the campaign. He even gives me tips on how to detect a finger print. "You find a shiny and clear object, that way you can spot the finger print easily," Inspector Foo said. We are sitting on the mini stage so finger prints are really hard to find. Can't end the conversation without a selfie right? Wow, meeting a real life policeman up close and personal. 

  All the VIPs are invited to have high tea at Level 6 of the university. It's back to my books. After I'm done studying, I eventually bump into my best friend, Bair! We have a lot catching up while waiting for the car. 

  I have the best day of life! What a way to celebrate National Day in college. I have gained more knowledge on crime prevention. Who knows I might be Sherlock Holmes one day? 


DSP Foo with Katelyn at the Crime Prevention Campaign 

No comments:

Post a Comment