15 July 2017

MITEC Raya Open House 2017 (15/7/17) 

  I haven't been to any of the Raya celebrations this year as I'm busy with university's first semester examinations during these past weeks. Luck is on my side as I attend a Raya open house at Malaysia International Trade Exhibition Centre (MITEC), my dad was invited by one of the staffs who works at the centre and we're on the VVIP guests list! Around 3.30pm, my mum gets me ready for the big celebration. I wear a green and black long sleeves shirt, alongside with black long pants and my trustee bronze flats from Pazzion to finish off the look.
  The centre was just a stone's throw away from my KL home but ends up, we take a longer way instead of a shorter one to reach our destination, I find it quite weird but what's more important is to go there to have fun. My dad drop mum and I off at the entrance. We can't where is the lift, luckily the securities show us the way and inform us that the open house is at the third floor. The floor was slippery and I almost "slip" my way in to the lift. For safety wise , my mum hold on to my hand. Like I said earlier, it's exam season for me so I don't want to have any injuries.
  When the lift reaches the third floor, there's a red carpet for guests to feel welcome for the celebration. Somehow I feel like a superstar. The staffs greet us warmly upon arrival. As we enter the hall, we are shocked because it fills with people from all walks of life coming together to celebrate the Raya joy! We manage to find seats. They have a wide array of traditional Malay cuisines from ketupat, satae, lemang, kuih bangkit you name it!
  There are performers who perform traditional Raya songs to keep the guests entertained. While I'm enjoying my satae, the emcee's voice blast through the speakers "Good afternoon everyone, we here at MITEC wishing you all Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri! Later on, we will be welcoming HRH the Raja Muda of Selangor," A celebration with Selangor royalty! Around 4.15 pm, we all stand up to welcome HRH the Raja Muda of Selangor. I want to go in front to have a good view but I'm stopped by my parents, might as well enjoy the food. Now I know what is the purpose of the red carpet for.
  I want to have ice cream but my dad comes with a bowl of cendol instead. It kinds remind me of the dessert back home, Melaka. After a second cup of orange juice, we leave the celebration at 6.50pm. I have so much fun celebrating Raya with Malaysians. A photo opportunity of the decoration outside is not to be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment