21 August 2018

Back to University: Year 2 Semester 2 (21/8/18)

School is out for primary and secondary school students, but for the students at Sunway University, it's back to university after a long month of semester break. Yesterday was a big day for us, because the examination results of our previous semester were released! I was super happy with my results because I passed every subject, so I'm officially stepping into Year 2 semester 2!

I head to my favourite place on campus- the library, to chill out before the first lecture begins at 10am. At around 9.30am, I make my way to the first lecture of the day which is Intercultural Communication. As I reach the classroom, my course mates are already in there. "Hey girls, nice to see you all again!" I say as I make my way to my seat. "It's so good to see you too!" Jaya says.

Ms. Serena comes in and lecture begins! It's not really a lecture but more of a introductory of the subject of Intercultural Communication. I'm going to see her again at Psychology in Communication later on. I have a three-hour break, where should I go to first?

I come across the Sunway Peer Counseling Volunteer (PCV) booth at the university foyer. They have an upcoming event which is focusing on mental health. I have a passion in mental health. "Hi, are you interested to sign up for one of our job scopes? We are currently looking for students to fill up these roles," I study the flyer, they have job scopes such as poster designing, photography and video editing. I don't fill the requirements in any of the job scopes. "I'm sorry, I don't fill in any of the requirements," I say.

"It's alright! Would you like to leave a message?" the student asks me. I leave a message that it is okay to say, we can't just keep things to ourselves. As I'm making my way to the college lift, I bump into a student who I met at Sunway Model United Nations (SUNMUN) earlier this month. "Yes! I do remember you! You're the admin in UNHRC right?" I say. "Yes, yes I am! Where are you off to?" he asks.

I'm heading to the MUFY office, but also checking out the activities that are happening now around campus. Just before I head to the lift, there are some booths along the link bridge. Why not check them out for awhile? Sunway Student Volunteers (SSV) is having an event which is Run Towards the 17 Goals. I can't run but I'm passionate in Goals 3 and 4- quality in education and goodness in well being . I bump into my friend, Jia Xin. We have a short chat as he is going out for lunch with his friends.

As I enter the MUFY student hub, the juniors staring at me. Probably they didn't see me around before, but I bump into Daniel, who I met at SUNMUN. My lecturers are very happy to see me, and I get to talk to my new juniors. To fill up my free time, I watch some videos online to pass the time since there is no assignment yet.

I go to the wrong class, so I rush to the university because I'm missing a lot right now. I take a tumble while I'm on my way to UW 7-6, luckily my course mate helps me up. I'm running of breath but after I settle myself down, it is back to normal. Ms. Serena gives us an insight of Psychology in Communication, and the first two assignments are up for the day. One is an opinion paper and the other is a group project. 

I'm looking forward to the new semester and I'm going to give my best. What's in store for Katelyn this time?

No comments:

Post a Comment