6 September 2018

C & S Carnival Cycle 2 2018 (4/9/18-6/9/18)

Hey guys, university is resumed for three weeks now, everyone is settling into their new semester. Since most of the things are in control, the next question is: What should I do next? Are there anything interesting activities to join on campus? Fear not, Sunway University College Clubs and Societies (C & S) carnival is back for the second time around!

Before I headed to Sunway Buddhist Society's booth at the college boulevard, I dropped by at the Sunway University Chinese Cultural Society to renew my membership. After that, it's off to the booth! I had a hard time to look for the booth as we didn't set up our bunting but I did recgornise the treasurer, Sil Leong, who was doing his homework. When I settled down, I realised I was way behind my schedule for my online work., since no one came by to the booth.

My friend, Jia Xin, dropped by at the booth for awhile. He asked whether members needed to pay fees in the society. No, in Buddhist Society students don't need to pay anything! Just register will do the trick! My shift was only one and a half hour, I needed to head to my final class of the day- Psychology in Communication. In the class, we just need to form a set of questionnaire for our upcoming project. When class ended, I headed outside of the LT classrooms at the ground floor, to catch up with some homework.

I had an activity after university hours, I watched the Sunway University Cheer team practice. I even learned the counting of the chant. It was easy, I could say. Even though I couldn't join the cheer team due to my physical condition, that didn't stop me to have a little "school spirit" after a long day in university.

On the second day, Jia Xin convinced me to join Sunway University Marketing Society and the Psychology Club. I was a bit hesitant to join, "C'mon Katelyn, just join in!" Jia Xin persuaded. "I'll think about it, thank you!" I said. I dropped by at the Sunway Peer Counselling Volunteer (PCV), they are going to have an event called "I'm Only Human"- a mental health campaign. I was interested as I have a passion in mental health.

I even dropped by to say hi to Ming Han, who is in the Sunway Chinese Independent Alumni Club (CISA). He is the one who taught me on the drums. Unfortunately, we can't play them as Student Life restricted us from distracting students who were having classes on campus. Guess what? SunVoice held by the Chinese Cultural Society came back for its third season. I didn't make the cut to the top 10 to represent the university, I was happy to make a come back to center stage.

On the third and final day of the C & S carnival, I hung out at the foyer as it was inconvenient for me to go over to the boulevard, since it was raining and the floor was slippery. We had performances from Sunway Dance Club and Sunway Chinese Orchestra to live up the mood! There we have it, the three-day of C & S has ended.

If you are interested to join any of the clubs and societies, be sure to drop by an email or follow their social media accounts to give you an up-to-date on the activities they are going to have on campus! I hope you have found the right club or society that suits the inner you to shine on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment