18 November 2018

Mickey Mouse 90th Anniversary Celebration (17/11/18) 


Who's the leader of the house that's meant for you and me? M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E! Yes, it's the Mickey Mouse 90th anniversary celebration here at Pavilion KL, Malaysia! Since Mickey Mouse is in Malaysia for a visit, why not give him a warm Malaysian welcome?

I'm a huge Disney fan, and I bet everyone mostlly grew up watching Disney Channel right? Pavilion KL is going to be packed with people, so it's safer to be in my "carriage" when I get there. On the way, I look up Disney Malaysia's official Instagram account to know more about the event. One of the Mickey Mouse sculptures is made up of 50,000 crystals! We have a hard time to get in the parking lot as evening time is peak hours in the big city. Luckily, we manage to find a parking spot, and it's off to magical adventure to the main hall of Pavilion!

I'm shopping for some clothes, I see a familiar face at the stage area. I spot Gabriel and the other Mouseketeers (Wafiy, Dheena, Faiz, Erissa and Ellya). Most of all I finally meet Charis, also known as Kak Charis! She's the captain of the Mouseketeers and my favourite among them all! I want to take a picture with her but all the Mouseketeers are in their stand-by position for the performance later on.

The emcee, Nadia, comes up to the stage to greet the roaring crowd! All the designs which are going to be modeled are the top 10 creations by Malaysia's fashion designers from all walks of life. This is my very first fashion show in my life! What's more? It's Disney! The fashion shows starts with the role call of the Mousekeeters with the theme song of Club Mickey Mouse, follow by my two favourite songs- Take on the World and Crazy. I didn't stay out throughout the celebration due to timing but overall I have the best time! 

Unfortunately, I didn't meet Mickey Mouse himself but my mum bought me a soft toy of him to commemorate my 21st birthday two weeks ago (2 Nov 2018). Yes, I had a Disney birthday to mark my milestone to adulthood.

As I'm about to leave, I have a surprise encounter with Malaysia's national mixed doubles player- Chan Peng Soon! It's a dream come true! It's really a magical event! If you ask me, would I go for  a second trip? The answer is definitely yes! I guess no matter how old we are, Mickey is for everyone because he is everyone's favourite mouse!

Selamat datang ke Malaysia, Mickey! Happy 90th anniversary Mickey Mouse! Hope you will continue to spread the joy and love in your big heart!



A surprise encounter with national badminton mixed doubles player-Chan Peng Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment