26 March 2019

Back to University: The Final Year (25/3/19) 

The school holidays for Malaysian schools have already started, as for Sunway University students it's the other way round, time for them to head back to university! Yes, I'm in my final year of university! I'm so excited! After my mum drops me off, my journey to the final year officially begins!

I'm heading to the library, I bump into my best friends Hanis and Ishaq. They are heading out for the moment but sadly I can't join them as I just arrived on campus. I decide to walk around a little before heading to the library. Sunway Peer Councelling Volunteer (PCV) is having a campaign called "Positive Me" to spread positivity around campus. I left a note and stick it to a positive tree. Positive tree, positive me! Get it? No, okay! Let's proceed to the journey.

The first lecture starts later in the afternoon today, so I watched some videos which are going to be taught later. I bump into Wai Loon, while I'm watching the videos. "Hey Kar Marn, how are you? Long time no see!" he said. "I'm doing good! What are you doing at the moment?" I ask. "Just some stuff to handle for the Chinese Cultural Society. How about you?" he said, I tell him that I'm watching some videos to prepare for the first lecture.

I left half an hour, I quickly pack up my stuff and double check to make sure that I didn't leave anything behind on the computer table. I head out of the library, one question pops into my mind: "Which side of the lift leads to the classroom? The East or the West building?" Why not try the East side? No harm trying! I have a star struck moment with Chef Patrick Siau while I'm on my way to lecture, whose team was the champion of the dessert competition in France earlier this year.

Sure enough, I reached the classroom! I look at the time displayed on the big screen. Really? Four minutes? That's fast! Usually it takes me about five to 10 minutes to get to class. Well, since I have the whole classroom to myself. I continue to watch the videos which I left off, Chelsea gives me a big fright when she comes in. Guess I'm too engross without knowing the presence of my course mate.

One by one, my other course mates start to come in. Before the lecturer comes in, Chia Ming and Sonia talk about their experiences on internship earlier this year. Not long after, Dr. Leong, our Political Communication lecturer, we were under her for Law and Ethics in Communication back in Year 2 last year.

After class, I bump into my friend, Pam. We chat about what we had done over the holidays and the subjects we are taking now. It's so awesome to see your friends again after the semester break. What could I ask more?

Join Katelyn in a whole new world, as she steps into her final year of university. One step closer to fulfill her dream

No comments:

Post a Comment