30 May 2019

Beyond Labels SU Bazaar (28/5/19-29/5/19)

We live in a society that labels us for who we are, there are some certain rules which have been set for us to follow. We are expect to "follow" these rules, so we won't be labelled as the "rebel kids". I know sometimes following these rules can make us small, each time we want to break out, seems like there is no way out of it. Not anymore! It's time to go beyond with Beyond Labels! 

What is Beyond Labels? Beyond Labels is a PR campaign management project run by Year 2 PR and Corporate Communication students (August 2017) under the Department of Communication (DoC) at Sunway University. The campaign is to break social bias that we live by everyday, we can go beyond what we see. Okay, let's get into real business! 

I missed out the soft launch of the campaign, so a trip to the bazaar will make it up. On the first day, the moment I arrived on campus, I saw two big food trucks were located either side of the walkway between college and university.

The sun was scorching hot and everyone was drenched in their sweats, usually at this time I would order my favourite ice blended chocolate. Unfortunately, I was running down with flu and cough,  so I had to forgo the cold drink and chose Belgian hot chocolate instead.  Luckily I'm a big fan of chocolate and desserts, either one of them was fine. As there was no seat around the walkway, I headed to the college boulevard, thanks to the kind team members of the campaign who assisted me.

After I settled myself down one of the benches at the boulevard, but I was still sweating from the heat. How do I cool myself down? Easy, honeydew pudding with no ice. Actually, the upper part of the freezing box is not that cold, so I got to taste of the dessert. They also have cupcakes and everyone's favorite nasi lemak. I had to rush off to class after that.

The second day, I headed back to the college boulevard to have a good look around. Apparently, the time was still early, some of them were setting up. I was convinced by the team members to play a game of balloon darts, but I'm afraid of balloons popping. The walkway between college and university, there were three food trucks. As I'm about to head to the university foyer, the pink balloons slipped and up in the sky they go! Now that's what I called "beyond labels"!

I think we can be just like balloons, once it is released, we can go way beyond! We never might know where we end up at, or discover something that we never have tried before. I had so much fun at the bazaar!It's time to go beyond! Are you ready to go infinity and beyond?

Identify, not classify! 

Find out more at Beyond Labels' official social media accounts: 
FB: Beyondlabels_su 
IG: @beyonndlabels.su 

No comments:

Post a Comment