25 June 2020

International MUN: Momentum MUN 2020 (24/6/2020-25/6/2020)

After being in the Malaysian MUN for quite some time, I decided to shift my delegation at an international MUN - can you keep up with the momentum at Momentum MUN? For everyone who is representing our country, we have a duty to put the name of our country on the map at international events. As this is my first time representing Malaysia, the duty is on me. This marked my 10th conference in my MUN career - a special milestone.

The sign up for Momentum MUN was last-minute, I didn't have enough time to prepare the topic for my council- ECOSOC, delegating as Argentina. In my mind, the main goal was to make Malaysia proud and fly the flag and go with the flow along the way. After I came back from university online class, I head to google meet to have a chat with fellow delegates from the Philippines, India and the host - Indonesia. Delegates were asked to log on to Zoom to have a small ice-breaking session before heading to serious business. 

Usually, after my speech, if I have extra time, I will yield my time back to the chair; also another reason is I don't want to get tongue-tied in council. But the chairs insisted, I should take a POI (Point of Information), although I was reluctant, I couldn't let Malaysia down as I was the sole bearer in the council. Keeping calm, I took the question from the delegate of South Africa. I left an hour early on the first day but my fellow delegates kept me up with the latest development on the draft resolution. 

On the second day, the delegates decided to form a big bloc since we all shared the same views. At one point, the delegate of Germany got a little emotional on his speech. The good news was we passed our resolution! Since we were an hour away from the virtual closing ceremony, we had an entertainment session. 

There was a confession page for our council, the chairs read out our confession. when my message was read, there was a little misunderstanding of the language as Malaysia and Indonesia share almost the same national language which is Bahasa Melayu. The delegate of South Africa graced with an amazing singing voice! The delegate of Japan set up a Skribble game, our drawing was put to the test. Not an artistic person myself, honestly. 

I didn't go to the virtual closing ceremony, as I had a university event to attend so I gotta prepared for that. I received the news that I got a verbal mention, making the country proud! Nonetheless, I'm proud to represent Malaysia at Momentum MUN and hope to represent the country at future international MUN, bringing the Malaysia Boleh spirit.  

A big thank you to the Momentum MUN team! 















No comments:

Post a Comment