8 July 2015

A Mini Reunion with My Senior (8/7/15)

  After the lunch break, my friends and I went to JC 1 at Sunway University new building for the library tour. Earlier, I sent a message to my senior through Whatsapp that I would meet him at the auditorium when I reach the University. It was 2.02 pm, 28 minutes before the briefing started. Clad in a red shirt and blue jeans, Shu Yie came towards my direction. We greeted each other. I told him all the fun things that I had during the past two days. 

  He said:"Well, I'm glad you have a great time. Now you're in college, things will be totally different." Which was true because college life is totally different from high school. "I bumped into Vieshanthan on my first day of college during lunch break but he didn't notice me," I said. Shu Yie told me that he and Vieshanthan are in the same football club. Well that's cool! 

  I did tell him that I screwed up the placement test which was Maths on the first day. "It's okay, at least you tried. You don't have to worry about anything in college. The most important thing is you have to play your role well as a college student, complete your assignments and have fun! That my junior is the key to unlock your life in college," he said. 

  "Okay, I will keep in mind!" I said. 

  "How was the tour in Monash University?" Shu Yie asked. "It was great! The campus was huge and we had this workshop under the School of Arts and Social Science," I said. "Glad you enjoyed! What makes you to come here?" he asked. I told him my parents encouraged me to do the MUFY Programme because it is very flexible and well recognised. "You made a good choice!" Shu Yie praised me. 

  Apart from that, Shu Yie gave me a bit information of the university's library. "You will definitely love it!" he assured, that means I will definitely love the place. I asked where were the other seniors back in high school. "Some of them are having their examination since you know it's examination week," Shu Yie said. "Yes, I understand. The lecturers did tell us one of these days. Maybe I can meet up with the other seniors sometime," I said. 

  Shu Yie told me that he would arrange the meeting next week if possible. Just left two minutes before the briefing, he wished me luck and gave me one advice:"Kar Marn, just do the best you can! I know you can do it!" He headed to the door and left. 

   Senior and junior finally reunited! 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment