25 July 2015

Cousin Xander's First Birthday (25/7/15)

  Xander- my cousin celebrated his first birthday today. The party was attended by family and close friends. The event was held at Equitoral Hotel Malacca. When we arrived at the party, it was themed with blue colour which marked the birth of a boy one year ago today. While I was finding a seat, I saw Stephanie, my distant cousin was waving at me so I walked over to take my seat. She was alongside with her grandparents. 

  "Hey Kar Marn, how's it going?" Stephanie asked. "Everything is going well, just busy with college nowadays," I said. Not long we were having our meal, one of Xander's older brothers took the microphone to announce that we should go to the front of the hall because it was time for the cake cutting ceremony. Everyone gathered around to sing Happy Birthday to the Xander's who is the star of today. 

  After that, Stephanie made a move. I saw Brian, my other distant cousin, who was taking pictures of the family of five. "Brian Gor Gor (big brother in Cantonese)! " I went over to hug him. Putting a protective arm around me, "Hey Marn, how are you?" he said. "I'm good! Let's go over there and talk," I suggested. We talked about college, life and a lot of things to catch up since we last met at Amanda's wedding on 20 September 2013. 

  Phoebe and her family arrived an hour later after the party had started at 1.00pm. Well, as long as you attend a party it's okay better than absent from it. We played a little game of darts. I did aim a few targets but not a bullseye. Well, this game actually did apply on Physics in terms of consistency which I learned back in high school. "Finally I applied on Physics!" said my sister.

  The party ended at 4.00pm, everyone went home. We thanked Uncle Soon Seng and Aunt Siang Ting for inviting us over. "Thank you for coming! Have a nice day!" It was a day to remember. Big family parties like this, it is worth to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment