27 October 2016

Adidas Neo Campus Lauch (26/10/16)

  I arrived in college on the usual time, 8.20am. As I was getting my way out from the car, I saw a poster of my idol and friend, Danny Koo from Astro All Stars at the New University Building (NUB) which was near the library. I saw the words "Adidas Neo". Something tells me that I might be reuniting with my idol whom I admire for seven years is coming for a campus visit. I put it aside first as I continued made my move to the MUFY (Monash University Foundation Year) hub as first class was cancelled.

  After settled myself down, I started to do my revision as finals is coming next week. My Globalisation course mate- Wei Jay, as he entered the MUFY student room, he asked me whether there's a class today or not. "No, Wei Jay. There is no class today. Didn't you listen to Ms. Uma yesterday after class that today's class is cancelled?" Wei Jay said "Guessed I left early after the test but thanks anyway!" I said "No problem!" As Wei Jay packed up his bag and left the room. At 9.35am, I made my way to the next class which was Economics.

  We discussed the past year questions. To our surprise, the lecturer let us out early! As my friends and I were walking to the NUB, my mind was on Adidas Neo campaign again. I walked up the ramp and looked at the poster at the same time. After putting my bag at one of the tables, I walked around the university foyer as they were several booths set up by the students. The first stop I dropped by was Adidas Neo.

  Students were trying on the new product. I got my hands on the shoes and it's really comfortable but it was awkward when I went for the test walk because my left foot was wearing my trusted DC shoes and the right one was Adidas Neo. I found out the shoe is very light compared to other products. I asked casually to one of the organisers "Is Danny coming?" One of the organisers said: "Yes, Danny is coming! Around 12pm, you can drop by to say to him." Wow, reuniting with my idol after three months since I last met him.

  While waiting for Danny's arrival, I waited at SUSC's (Sunway University Student Council) booth. The students were kind enough to drop by for awhile. Around 12.05pm, Danny has arrived along with othe ambassadors of Adidas Neo. I was so excited! One of the SUSC students brought me over to the Adidas Neo booth to catch a glimpse of my idol and friend. He was taking a selfie with a student who first spotted him. I asked a lady organiser "Could I meet Danny please?" She said "Yes, you can! But he's changing, he'll come out in a short while," Less than five minutes, Danny was clad with the brand's products.

  "Danny gor gor (big brother in Cantonese)!" I called Danny. Danny was quite surprised to see me on campus. He said "Hey! It's been awhile since we last met! How have you been? Are you a student here?" I said:"Yeah I'm good! And yes, I'm a student here." Puting an arm around me, Danny and U I took a quick selfie as I was rushing to my next class, Biology. I gave Danny a big hug before I made my move.

  In Bio class, we were doing our revision as I realised I left my jacket at the SUSC's booth. Luckily, my bio lecturer let us out early as some of them were having a Chemistry test. Genieve and I took the lift back to Ground Floor.

  Once we reached, I quickly walked over to the SUSC booth to retrieve my misplaced purple jacket. As I was walking to the waiting area, I saw Danny was at the photo booth taking some pictures with the students along with some big props. That made me to stop in my tracks to say hi to him, again. I squeezed my away to the photo booth. I took the iPhone from Genieve as I handed it to Danny. We took another picture. I had the chance to ask him a question which has been in my mind for a long time. "Can I sing a duet with you one day?" I asked. Danny said "Yeah, sure! One day, you pick a song yet?" I said I haven't. I wanted to talk more but I realised I was "blocking"other students. Before I left, I said thanks to Danny.

  What a an amazing day I had! A mini reunion and day out with Danny just gave me the best earliest  19th birthday present! I respect Danny as an artist as he has the passion for music and created so many videos throughout his eight years in the music industry. He is so humble and has a child's heart when he is around with children when hosting kids' programmes. He is one my idols that I look up to in the music world.

No comments:

Post a Comment