2 October 2016

Melaka's Got Talent 2016 (1/10/16)

  After trying out every talent show hosted by colleges, universities and TV shows, I wasn't chosen in any of these talent show this year, the star in my hand almost slipped off, but Melaka's Got Talent Show lighted up my star again. That made me went back to the stage and spotlight. Prior days to the competition, I got a call from the orgarniser to get the confirmation of my performance.

  At around 12.45pm, we hit the road to Cofeology Cafe & Restaurant. We reached at the destination. There were tables arranged outside of the cafe for the contestants to sign up. My name was in the list so I just signed my signiture on the paper.

  I stepped into the cafe, my grandma noticed a familiar girl from high school. "Really?" I asked as I proceeded to the performance seats. There were a lot of contestants getting their music to be sound checked. I just looked around my surrounding. The place was my first girls' night out with my best friend, Yu Xuan.

   As I turned my head, I saw Jacklyn, who was my schoolmate for 10 years! "Hi Jacklyn!" I said. We both embraced into a big warm hug. "It's been a long time! How are you?" I said:"I'm doing good!" We caught up a lot on what we were doing these days.

  Not long after, contestants were being called to the "backstage" for a briefing. The organiser said "Most importantly, you guys have fun and enjoy the spotlight! Break a leg!" We wished each other good luck.

  As planned, we started the performance. The first one was singing followed by the rest such as dancing and ball dribbling. There was a performance which warmed my heart because they lost a friend and they dedicated a song to him.

When it was my turn to perform, I stepped up with confidence because I'm at my favourite place where it's the stage. Let me take a quote from High School Musical 3: Senior Year "The stage is a wonderful place," I performed the theme song A Step of  Distance (一步距离) by Astro Star Quest 2011 champion, Geraldine Gan. It was from Astro's 2014 hit movie- The Journey .

I was "honoured" to perform in front of the VIPs. Jacklyn performed Rolling in the Deep by British singer- Adele. Unfortunately the last contestant didn't turn up which led to the end of our show. Time was left for the judges to calculate the scores. 

  While waiting Jacklyn and I did have a little fun by entertaining a few songs. She sang Missing You by Hailey Stainfield while I performed Let's Get Out of This Town by country singer- Carrie Underwood. We were asked to come back to our seats as the judges announced the winners. Third and second places went to both singers respectively. The winner of the talent show was Drummer Boy.

  Everyone got their certificate of participation for being a good sport. I had lots of fun! I met a lot contestants who shared the same singing passion as me. I'm looking forward to more performances in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment