6 January 2016

An Outing at Paddle Beans Cafe (6/1/16)

  I met up with my primary school ex-classmate- Joanne, who is on semester break at the moment. The last time we bumped into each other was three years ago when we were in Form 4. 

  I was done with the weekly Mandarin class which was on Friday. I was walking down the stairs, I saw three girls were clad in their uniform which was the same as I was wearing except for the high school logo. 

  "Kar Marn, is it really you?" a girl asked me. I looked at her face. She looked familiar as if I have seen her before somewhere. I looked at the name tag which said "Joanne Loh". It's my primary school friend! I almost recognise her. Along side with her were two of her friends, one of them who is Carey- the girl whom I met at English tuition. 

  From that day on, we bumped into each other for the first time and last time. The rest of the time, we contact each other through Facebook. I thought we wouldn't meet up again until one night. 

  I was on Facebook as always check kin any interesting on News Feed. I usually go to Messenger to "catch up" with some friends who I haven't met for months since we last saw each other. 

  A message popped up from Messenger. Little did I know, it was from Joanne. She asked me out to have lunch with her. My first invitation from a long-time friend. We decided to have our meal at Paddles and Beans Cafe. 

  Paddles and Beans Cafe- I've seen my seniors posted some pictures on Facebook so I did have clear vision of the  cafe. We wanted to plan it yesterday but the cafe is close on Tuesdays. We decided to move the "date" on Wednesday. I just can't wait for that day to come. 

  This morning I woke up very early to get myself ready for the day out. At 11.00am, we leave for Paddles and Beans Cafe. Joanne called while we were looking for the place. "I'll be there. I'm just looking for the cafe," I said. 

  Not long after we both hung up, I finally reached the place. It is really a nice place to have coffee or just catching up with friends. I saw Joanne sitting there waiting for me to come. "Hi Joanne," I greet her the moment I stepped in to the cafe. 

  Since it's our first time here so we got some recommendations from the waiter. We decided to try the waffles which is cookies and cream, hot chocolate and tortilla with chicken, cabbage and pineapple. I did some research on the cafe's Facebook page. 

  We chatted about our days in primary school and what we are doing nowadays. We chatted about our respective courses as well. Joanne is going to be in the medical field while I'm in the communication field. 

  We took selfies to mark our first day out of the year. At 1.00pm, both my grandma and aunt picked both of us up because Joanne's mum has an urgent matter to attend to. On the way, we chatted about the "little fights" we had in primary school. Looking back were so immature! It's part of growing up. 

  We dropped Joanne at her secondary alma mater which is Notre Dame High School, Melaka. After that it's straight to home. I'm really happy that I have the chance to reunite with Joanne. I can't wait for more. 






No comments:

Post a Comment