11 January 2016

College Reopen (11/1/16)

  After two months of the long semester break, it's time for MUFY students to head back to college for semester two. I can't wait to meet my friends. The alarm clock rings at 6.00am, I wake up from the warm bed, the date states on the iPod's screen is 11 January. That means is the beginning of semester 2 of MUFY. 

  We leave the house at 7.03am to avoid the traffic congestion. But it didn't turn out well. When we reach the ground floor of the condominium, the traffic is very terrible! Cars keep on cutting into the line. A car almost knock us down. My mum is really frustrated by the awful action of the driver. The traffic congestion continues until the traffic light. We take the road at the National Palace as a short cut so I won't be late for college. 

  Well, last year of college! I thought. At 8.30am, my dad drops me off at Sunway University's pick up point because I'm heading to the library. I don't have any classes until afternoon so I have the whole morning to myself by chilling at the library's drink and phone area. It's early as most classes start at 8.30am, so I have the whole place to myself for awhile. 

  To kill boredom, I bring a novel with me so time can pass by quickly as I read. At 10.40 am, I text my best friend, Ru Tian. She told me that she is at the college's foyer and will be going out with her friends for lunch. Speaking of lunch, I can feel my tummy rumbling when I reply her text through WhatsApp. I look around as I spot a girl who is done talking with her friend over the phone. 

  "Excuse me, could you bring me over to the college please? It's just opposite of the university," I say. "Sure of course!" the girl says as we walk out of the library. We are heading for the stairs, suddenly my phone rings. It's a call from Ru Tian. I answer the call "Hi Ru Tian, I'm just at the steps of the university," She says "I'm walking over now," What? I just exited the library. "I found you!" Ru Tian adds as we both hang up the phone conversation. 

  Ru Tian walks over and we greet each other with a hug. I thank the girl who helped me earlier. I saw Michelle and Suk Ying not far from where we are standing. Everyone is so happy to see each other after the two months break. We are walking to the foyer so she told me that she and her friends are going out of the campus for lunch. 

  Out of the campus for lunch? I thought. Throughout semester 1, I have never been out of the campus. The only place I went was the new cafeteria at the university. Other times, I just ate lunch along the empty corridor alone. Since I'm graduating in college in five months, I decide to give myself a shot. What is the feeling of stepping out of the campus. 

  "Do you mind if I join you for lunch?" I ask Ru Tian. She gives me a questioning look. "Are you sure?" she asks. "Yeah, I'm sure! Besides, we're graduating in five months so why not give it a shot," I reassure her. After much discussion, we decide to dine at After Black cafe where it's opposite of the college. While I'm on my way, I bump into my high school friend, Jacqueline. I haven't seen her for almost two years since we last saw each other back in high school. 

  We have to cross the road to get to the cafe. When we arrive, the cafe is packed with students. Everyone is sitting on high stools. Well, I'm not good at sitting higher seats so the waiter arranges us to sit at a lower one which is right at the corner of the cafe. Although it's a bit tight, we still manage to squeeze our way in. I sit with Ru Tian while my opposite is David. 

  Since its my first time here, the waiter recommends us their signature dishes. Teng Jie, David and I order carbonara pasta with cheese. Ru Tian orders salad with salmon, I have a few bites and it's really good. I order an Oreo cheesecake but I have to take it away because I'm running late for my first class of the second semester- Fundamental Mathematics. 

  Once I'm done with my food, Ru Tian accompanies me to the North Building. We bump into Justine along the way so I ask her where is her classroom. "It's NW-TR-1-3," she says. Oh, it's next to my class! Ru Tian and I hug each other before leaving. When I step into the classroom, my former economic course mates as well as globalisation are in the same class. That's a surprise! 

  Here's another one- Tyler's accounting classroom is just next to mine which is English. Too many things happen on the first day of college! My new friend and English course mate, Mal (who kinda reminds me of the character in Disney Descendants), accompanies me to the ground floor where I usually wait for my uncle to pick me up. 

  My musical journey in college is about to begin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment