8 May 2016

Future & Hope Buddhist Forum: Compassion Endless Wisdom (8/5/16)

 The alarm clock rings at 8.30am, I'm at the bed trying to get up but then I fall back to my sleep. My mummy comes in and turns on the light, "You get out of bed if you don't want to miss the forum you are going to attend in college," 

  I have no choice but get to out of bed. You must be wondering why I'm going to college on a Sunday. Sunway Buddhist Society (SBS) joining hands with Fo Guang Shan (FGS) to hold a forum to get us know more about Buddhism. 

  We leave the house at 9.50am. On the way to the college, I'm super excited because this is my very first event since I joined the society over a year ago. Due to timing, I can't join the activities. I usually keep myself updated from the society's  WhatsApp group chat. 

  I just met the members in person on Friday while they were promoting the event which is going to be happening today. My daddy dropped me off at the university's pick up point while my mummy brings me in. 

  I arrive at JC 2. There are a lot people getting the event to be in shape. I go over to the registration table to have my name signed on the list of attendance. My senior, Yi Xin is just above mine. I go to the third row in the middle seat because in front you have to crane the neck which is very sore! 

  The forum starts at 11.05 am, we sing the national anthem the Negaraku and the Ode Triple Gem. I thought the Triple Gem will be in the Mandarin version because the past events I used to attend back in my high school days the song was in Mandarin. Lucky I manage to get the beat right. 

  The three speakers give us students and working adults alike on the conception of kamma and three traditions of Buddhism practices. We also have a 45-minute lunch break. When I'm about to re-enter the hall, KC, who is the sound-tech guy tells me that the next session won't be using any slides. He suggests me to sit in front. 

  The fun part is the Q & A session because the speakers get very interesting questions from the audience especially the students. My question get picked! I'm very lucky that my question is answered.

  To wrap up the session, we say a little line of the merits and finally a group photo. Of course, we take selfies as well! It's an amazing experience! I can't wait for the next one 




No comments:

Post a Comment