16 June 2016

True Friends Will Stay with Us (16/6/16)

  It was a double reunion with my high school friends las two weeks ago. We just had a catch up on what we were doing lately. In the middle of the conversation, we spoke about friendship. My brother and best friend, Shi Wei said "Sis, you have a lot of friends in college! Why you feel 'dumped' sometimes?" He's actually got a point! I told them some of my friends in college just don't appreciate what I have done something nice or don't feel comfortable when I'm around them. 

  "You know let them be! Some of them will regret one day. Yes, you have forgiven them that's a good move. But it's their character, you can't change them," Yu Xuan said. She's right! I don't need them, the true ones will stay. I don't need begging on my knees to get them back as if I'm in a "relationship". 

  It's great to be alone sometimes. You know sitting down and watch how people act in some sort of way, you can study their characters just by their actions and languages. That's how I did in college when my day ends. There will be some good, some bad, some mean and the cools. You name it! Some just accept for who you are, some just want you to change so you can "fit in" into their circles of friends. 

  I think the best way to create a friendship is everyone can hang out in a very relaxing environment without changing themselves and no forcing which can make the situation very awkward. The question is you gain friends or you gain the friendship just by being your true self? Don't worry, you might be surprised when a friend truly understands you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment