26 July 2016

Lunch at Rock Cafe (25/7/16)

  After Economic class, my new course mates and I were having our break. "Where are you guys going?" I asked. They said "We don't know. It's up to them," giving each other a stare glare. After much deciding, we decided to have our lunch at Rock Cafe where it's a stone's a throw away from the college. They asked me whether I could walk that far. I said "Yes. Besides, I need some exercise, haha!" 

   We took the lift to the ground floor, as they were catching up with their friends, I bumped into my high school senior, Yi Xin. "Hey Katelyn!" I said "Yi Xin!" She asked where I was going, I told her we were going to Rock Cafe. "Have fun!" I always give my seniors a "goodbye hug". We walked to Rock Cafe, along the way Wei Qi whether I was tired. I said "No, I'm fine!" I thought it was far, I didn't know it's very near. Let's just say 10-15 minutes. 

   Wei Qi asked me what would I like to eat, I said I wanted a small plate of char kuey teow. Most of us ordered teh O ais limau (ice lemon tea). So everyone was talking, I saw my ex course mate, Tyler and I was glad to bump into him. We had a small chat. After eating, everyone went back to their talking, I got very curious so I looked around the opened space cafe. Wei Qi said "Is it hard to fit in?" I said "Yeah," she said "Don't worry, you'll get use to it!" 

  At 12.05pm, we walked back to the campus and all of us were sweating after all that walking so we needed to find a place to cool ourselves off by going to the Student Hub where it's at the NUB (New University Buliding). I knew a short cut where we could go to the hub by using the lift because Shenn showed me the way before. Somehow I got my "direction sense" right. 

  We just chilled and doing our course work. At 1.30pm, it's time for them to head to class while I headed for the library for some "me time" as always. When we entered the library there is a "referendum" for us students to sign in conjunction with the Quiet Campaign which was launched by the campus' library staffs. 

  It's been a fun day for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment