14 April 2017

DCLA Library Referencing Workshop (13/4/17) 

  I have a free period before my class starts at 10.00am but this time we'll be in the library! Why would I be in the library? We had a library referencing workshop for English at the Instructional Lab. We were divided into two groups based on our tutorial groupings. Lucky for me, I'm in the first group so I was placed in the library while the other group was at the university's IT lab.


  Around 9.35 am, most of my classmates from English tutorial group 1 started to fill in the library. We took the lift down to the basement floor- where it was my usual study place and it's popular among the students. There were a few students at the Instructional Lab, we were 15 minutes early before the actual time. "Let's just go in," suggested Mudita, "Oh okay," I said. I also bumped into one of my juniors in my former pre-U course, MUFY (Monash University Foundation Year).


  I chose the first row to get a better view of the screen. At 10.00am, more of our classmates started to fill in the Instructional Lab. The librarian gave us some handouts at the beginning of the workshop. The paper sheets were familiar to me as I attended a similar workshop during my Pre-U days. Once everyone settled down, it's lesson time for library referencing 101! The first few part of the workshop was okay but then the speed started to fire up, that's when I started to slack back than the rest of the class.


  Mudita had to step in and help me with the part which I left off. The rest of workshop, I was struggling but managed to step up in the end. At the end of the workshop, we were asked to fill up a survey and give feedback. After that, it's lunch time!

No comments:

Post a Comment