3 April 2017

First Week of Lecture (27/3/17-31/317)

  After the three-day orientation and the weekend to relax, it was time for me to hit the books as I headed to Sunway University as an undergraduate in BA (Hons) Communication. I have a thing with Communication in my early teen years. I developed in interest in writing since 12 years old. My very first diary was given by my friend, Shi Min on my 12th birthday. I was in my senior year completing my primary education.

   Growing up, I made sure that I mastered the three languages- the national language also known as Bahasa Malaysia, English and Mandarin (or Chinese). Whenever I go, these three languages will come in handy in their ways. As I completed my senior year in high school, I started to the news every night, that's where my interest in communication started to kick in. I was lucky enough to meet some of the newscasters in person on big events. One of them even asked what would I wanna do after I completed high school. "I wanna be a newscaster or something that is related to the media," I said. Okay, enough of that! Let's take a look what I did during my lecture week.

  I didn't have any tutorial classes on the first week, it was just only lectures. The first lecture was Principles in Mass Communication and it's an 8.00am class. I'm a morning person but I do get power naps in the car along the way. I was supposed to have two lectures on the first day unfortunately the afternoon session was cancelled so I had a whole day to myself!

  On the second day I had double lectures. I didn't know there was a shortcut to the Graduate Centre. You know whatever works. One is English and the other was Principles in Advertising and Design. English lecture was so fun because our lecture, Ms. Priyadharshini had a little game for us to get everyone mingle around. In the afternoon session for Principles in Advertising and Design, Mr. Woody put on some advertisements for us to watch. One of them was the movie trailer of the Disney's live action Beauty and the Beast.

  The third and final day which was on Thursday, I had to wait a little longer until 4.00pm. Luckily, I had activities on so that would kill the time and keeping me busy. We used the shortcut through the canopy walk of the campus to get to the Graduate Centre. It was late afternoon, most of us were exhausted and I almost fell asleep because of the air conditioner. Lesson learned- never sleep in any tutorials or lecture.

  That sums up my three-day of lecture. There is more to come

No comments:

Post a Comment