9 April 2017

SBS Welcoming Dinner: Linking Boundaries (6/4/17)

   My last lecture ended at 5.30pm, which was half an hour early. I texted Cynthia that she can pick me up from Hall 2, Graduate Centre but she replied me that she was busy welcoming guests at the Art Gallery. Along with my course mates, we walked along the canopy walk where it led us to the university building. We were in mid track, then I saw Cynthia walking towards me. "Hey, Katelyn! Are you ready?" she asked. Without hesitation, I said:"Yes, yes I am!" As Junta passed my bag to Cynthia, I thanked him as well as other friends for help.

   We took the lift up to the first floor. When we arrived, everyone was busy doing some last-minute checkking to make sure everything was on top form. My duty of the night is simple- collecting tickets when guests arrived and a form for them to sign up before heading in. While I was doing the registration, I saw Loke Zai (young boy in Cantonese) was sipping a cup of peach tea. "Katelyn, would you like to have one?" he asked. "I would love to, thank you!" I said. He then turned to Cynthia whether she would want a cup as well. "Yes, please," she said.

  Not long after Loke Zai came out with two cups of peach tea. I went to the wash room to get myself clean up. Cynthia accompanied me, Chia Tee was inside practising her opening line as she is the host of the night. After cleaning myself up, I asked the girls whether my dress it's okay. Chia Tee said the inside layer of my dress was a bit messy so we headed back in to the washroom to get fix my dress. I don't want a wardrobe malfunction especially on welcoming dinner. Earlier that day,  Loke Zai complimented that I looked pretty.

  Well back to work! I was doing the registration half way, Hon Pong- the President of the Society came to me, he said:"Katelyn, it's time to go in," Cynthia took over my shift as I was guided inside by Hon Pong. Chia Tee was giving a welcome speech and a brief introduction to our speakers of the night- Bro. Tan Huat Chye and Dato Charlie Chia. They are both from my hometown- Malacca, yay! Okay, okay back to the scene. Both of the speakers gave good advices to us.

  Whatever you do, you have to do with passion, interest and full heart, that will give you a 100% success. Besides that, never ever compare yourself with other people, do it at your own pace. It's time for the juniors to meet the seniors. I was lucky to reunite with my seniors and some I've got to finally to meet them in person! I heard a lot about them since joining the big family.

  What's with a welcoming night without any music? iGemz definitely rock the night! A group photo was taken to capture the memorable moment. It's back to the mingling. I'm very happy the event is a success! Thanks to the people of the SBS Team 2017 for giving a 100% effort to make it happen! I would like to welcome the new members to join our big family!

No comments:

Post a Comment