19 October 2017

Can’t Touch This Campaign Closing Ceremony (17/10/17) 

  After eight weeks of the anti-sexual harassment- Can't Touch This Campaign, had finally came to a close. It was right after the morning class, I headed down to the university boulevard, that's where the closing ceremony was held. "Hi Kar Marn, you're early!" said Priya, the director of the campaign. "I just wanna to get a good spot," I said.

  Aliah, who was the emcee of the day, she was doing some final rehearsals. "Hi Aliah!" I greeted her, Aliah gave me a big hug. "Hi, so sweet of you to come and support us," she said. I couldn't miss it for the world! "Why not you take a good seat, so you can take a look at us," she added, guided by my seniors, I was placed in my "VIP seat".

   Every seat had a survey form to get feedback from the students and staff of the campus. It was supposed to be filled at the end of the campaign but I filled in straightaway. Goodie bags as free gift were given to the guests upon arrival and energy drinks from RedBull were distributed as well.

  A few minutes to 10.00am, students and staff started to arrive for the closing ceremony. Invited guests such as Ms. Nisha Ayub, a Malaysian activist, Vice Chancellor, Professor Greame Wilkanson, the Dean of School of Arts, Professor Harold,  and the Head of the Department of DCLA, Dr. Chan Nee Nee.

  The closing ceremony started off with speeches from the campaign director herself, Priya. She was proud of her team that during the eight weeks of running the program, they received positive feeedback from the students, staffs as well as lecturers. "It's time to stop touching the campaign and start touching in our sleep," she said which earned laughters from the audience. A highlight video of the campaign was shown on the screen featuring the students of Diploma in Performing Arts (DPA) and some were from the maze challenge.

  A magical performance from Wayne Liew and singing from Sunway Music Society (SMS) . The ceremony ended with a big punch of the Bobo Dolls and souvenirs as a token of appreciation to the sponsors and VIPs. The moment everyone was waiting for- lunch time! Light snacks and refreshments were served. I had a few rounds of popiah and curry puffs. I took selfies with the seniors to end my day at the ceremony and it was time for me to head back to class for PR lecture.

  Hey, who knows I could run my own campaign when I step into my second year in university next year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment