4 October 2017

Can't Touch This! Anti-sexual Harassment Campaign Maze Challenge (3/10/17)

  Can't Touch This! Anti-sexual harassment campaign organised by Year 2 Public Relations and Corporate Communications students of Department of Communication and Liberal Arts (DCLA). It is raise awareness on sexual harassment among Sunway College and University students to provide a more accommodate environment to those facing such hardships and educating the Sunway community's knowledge to overcome such predicament.

  I headed to the Gallery View right after my library time. I was greeted by the seniors upon arrival, "Hi Kar Marn! Are you ready for the maze challenge?" the seniors asked me. "Yes, I am but a little scared," Prior entering the maze, we attended a mini self-attendance class. To defend off the harasser, we can use different parts of the body such as hands and legs. As for me, I have an extra weapon. which is the crutches!

  I was a little hesitated of going into the maze as it was like a haunted-house theme but it just replaced with catcalls and wolf-howling kind of stuff like that. With encouragement from the seniors, I decided to brave myself up for the maze challenge. My team mates were way ahead of me to find the "victim". I was not far behind.

  I wanted to turn back at some point because it was too scary but my seniors kept on giving me words of encouragement to complete the challenge. Finally we found the "victim" by saying the theme of the campaign "Can't Touch This!". There's a VR Lab challenge too but due to my physical condition, I left it to my two teammates. One of them able to defend the virtual harasser, while Lavanya, well she didn't get through. At least, she did her best.

  We realised our "victim" had been "kidnapped" by the "harassers". Man, I should look over the "victim" instead of getting engrossed with the VR Lab challenge, haha! Okay, jokes aside and let's get back to the serious part.  Kirtana accompanied me on the way out, our "victim" was saved! We were greeted by the lovable Sofia, our campus' new mascot. She gave me a big bear hug, "she'll always be there for you when times in need," Kirtana said.

  Aliah, another senior of mine asked me whether I like the challenge. "It was fun and scary," I said. "Glad you love the challenge and thank you for supporting us," she said. A group photo with Sofia to wrap up the maze challenge! Mission accomplished! 

No comments:

Post a Comment