18 October 2018

TogrtherLAH! Lokal Night (17/10/18)

After a week of semester break, it's time for the students of Sunway University to head back to campus. But for the DCLA students, something really got them excited, what is it? I'll tell you in a bit later on. And guess what? The TogetherLAH! team is back!

In case some of you have forgotten what is TogetherLAH! campaign is about, let me refresh the memory. TogetherLAH! is a Malaysian themed campaign run by DCLA's Year 2 students of PR Project Management and Corporate Communication  at Sunway University, to inculcate the Malaysian culture among Malaysians and create a favourable attitude towards the country for our international counterparts. 

I'm sure most of you are really curious what is the big event right? Drum rolls please! We bring you Lokal Night also known as cultural night! Isn't this exciting? Before the big event, I'm going to take you on behind-the-scenes to see what we are up to prepare the big night. 

The team gathers at the corridor of LT 7 and 8 to finish the final details. Some of them are in charged of the photo booth decoration, the completed flag expression board as well as blowing up the balloons. I'm a little bored as I have nothing to do and not much to help out at that time, but I entertain one of the performers. 

As the time nears 6pm, we all head to the entrance of JC 1 to get our positions ready. I'm at the registry counter along side Mei Fong, Chivonne, Jessica, Christine as well as Ezac. My position is the VIP attendant, which means I'm in charged of the VIP guest list. Upon registration, VIP and guests will receive a goodie bag which contains Malaysian childhood snacks- Apollo biscuits, jelly, Kopi O sweet etc. Don't they just bring back the childhood memories? Even Sunway Education Group Senior Executive Director, Dr. Elizabeth Lee is impressed and surprised with the door gifts when presented.  

I'm star struck when I attend Talitha Tan, who is the guest performer for the night. I even take a selfie with her. Okay, back to work! All the VIP guests list are done, it's time to move on to the normal guests list and walk-ins.  

The doors are opened as scheduled at 7.15pm, students and guests start to fill up the hall. The registry team is still on duty.

When I’m told that I have to stay up until 10.00pm and miss the whole performance, I’m a little sad and disappointed. I missed my favourite performances which are the wushu and tai chi as well as the Chinese orchestra. 

To cheer myself up, I munch on the childhood snacks. After awhile, our event supervisor, Kavind, leads me into the hall to enjoy the rest of the show, which means I’m off from the job! 

The lucky draw is up. One of our course mates is the lucky winner of the night. Our guest performer, Talitha, performs three songs: America Boy, Mine, and her original- Okay, follow by a sharing session on what makes us Malaysians. The final performance which is another traditional Malay dance by the MSU’s Performance Arts and Cultute Club (PACC). 

The event ends with the appreciation ceremony and a group photo. With that, lokal night is a success! 

As a Malaysian, I'm proud of our diversity. Our campaign is coming to an end with our closing ceremony on 2 November 2018. 

Follow our FB page and Instagram account for more updates of our campaign. 
FB: Togetherlah_su 

Instagram: @togetherlah_su




Hi I'm Kar Marn, I'm going to be your attendant for Lokal Night! 






No comments:

Post a Comment