8 January 2019

Back to University: Year 2 Semester 3 (7/1/19)

The Malaysian new school season had already started, and for Sunway University was no exception. It’s back to university for us too! Time to hit the books and gear up for a whole new semester to ring in 2019.

I was really excited as I’m starting my third and final semester of Year 2. After settling down in the library, I had a tummy upset. I guessed we couldn’t avoid the nervousness no matter how confident we are. Anyway, after I made my way up, I received an email from the course department that the results from the previous semester (Year 2 semester 2) were released.

Quickly, I checked the results and made it through the second semester, which means the third semester of is officially on the run! I informed my family and friends about my achievement. After checking the results one last time, I logged out of the computer and settled at the university foyer. The Sunway University Chinese Cultural Society (SUCCS) was looking for potential actor and actress for their upcoming stage play.

I popped my bag at their booth for awhile and made my way to the college building to check out if there's any interesting, I ended up bumping into a few friends and course mates who I haven't seen over the holidays. As I was scrolling through my phone, my best friend and former MUFY course mate, XY, texted me whether I was on campus.

I had about half an hour before lecture, I guessed a little meet up would be fine since I didn't meet her for a long time. What a surprise! An unexpected visit! I took a photo of my location so that XY could easily look for me. She eventually read my mind! She brought me a drink from YOY Tea cafe, which I initially planned to go the place itself. I had a grape-lemon drink, it was really refreshing to ward off the intense heat and a cool way to chill before the first and only class started.

The time was neared 2pm, I headed to class and seemed to me everyone was excited to see their course mates after the month-long holiday, and I was no exception. I had a good catch up with some of the kids in the August 2017 batch from my course, Communication.

What an awesome way to ring in the new semester and new year! Join Katelyn in a whole new musical journey as she resumes her first day of university of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment