5 April 2019

C & S Carnival Cycle 1 2019 (2/4/19-4/4/19) 

Looking for a club or society, but don't know which one to choose from? Head over to Sunway University College's Clubs and Societies Carnival, the first ever big extra-curriculum activity on campus! Over 60 clubs and societies for potential members to choose from. As for me, I'm in the Sunway University Buddhist Society (SBS).

An hour before the carnival, I make my way to the college boulevard. I see everyone is carrying banners, posters and bunting for their respective clubs. I have trouble looking for the society's booth, but luckily with the help from student council, I mange to settle down. I almost fall, because the table is unstable. I inform my fellow exco members that I have already arrived at the booth, just need to wait for them to get the supplies to set up.

I take out the bluetooth speaker to blast some music from the iPad on my playlist. Not long the speakers at the stage area are blasting throughout the boulevard, so I have to keep the BT speaker into the box. Sometimes people will get confuse, when they visit our booth and listening to both music at the same time. I have to rush for Investor Relations class, I inform the group that I'm heading off soon.

My class ends at 1.45pm, so I head back to the booth to help out until the end of the day. Moving on to the second day, the status of the recruitment still remain the same. None of them drops by, but we have a student drop by to sign up as a member, at least is a good sign right? We are also having a second musical drama: A Night of Musical Drama 2.0, but we need people who can work on behind-the-scenes with us. Every student who passes by our booth, we try to stop them in their tracks but they just reject. Oh well!

Luckily Sunway University Chinese Cultural Society comes by to promote their upcoming stage play- Epaniour, which is happening on 25 April 2019 (mark your calendars!). They will help Buddhist Society to promote our musical drama too! Also I have a treat from Sunway HPAIR with their lemonade with just RM1! I guess it's good to treat yourself after all that hard work.

The weather is not nice to us on the second day of the carnival as we are approached by a rain storm, we have to pack up but it didn't my dampen spirits as I can relax after a long day. I head to the library to relax myself and also need to get some important things done like the upcoming Malaysia National Model UN (MNMUN) which is happening this Friday.

On the last and final day of C & S carnival, we are quite relax a little. Before the day ends, the student council drops by and ask how many members that we have recruited throughout the three days, we tell them that only one student sign up for our society. As time passes by till 4pm, the student council announces to keep all belongings and return them to Student Life.

After the weekly SBS meeting, we head over to the newly opened Sweet Gather to have a meal after a tiring three-day recruitment and we celebrate our president, Jing Ci's birthday too! What a way to end the first C & S of the year. If you miss out our recruitment day, join us on our welcoming night on 18 April 2019. It's not too late to join the SBS big family.

SBS Welcoming Night
Date: 18 Apr 2019 (Thursday)
Time: 6pm-9.30pm
Venue: The Lunch Box, Mezzanine floor, Sunway University

*Vegetarian meal will be served

For more information, look out for our official FB page: Sunway University Buddhist Society-SBS

No comments:

Post a Comment