15 May 2015

A Meeting with Sunway College's Directors (15/5/15)

  I wake up at 10.30 am, it is a big day for me because I'm meeting with Sunway College's directors. My mum told me earlier on Wednesday that I'm meeting with these "VIPs", I'm really excited! After getting dressed, it's time to embark our journey to Selangor. On the way to Sunway College, my mum reminds me not to address them as "uncles" or "aunties". I keep that in my mind.

  When we arrive at the college, music is blasting through one of the faculties. Students are roaming around the campus. After my dad dropped my mum and I off, we waited outside at the Information Centre. We went to another Information Centre to ask some directions. "Madam, go straight forward and you will see the meeting room infront of you," says the security guard. 

  We go into the meeting room and wait for the "VIPs".Not long after, Mr. Lee Thye Cheong is the first one to greet us. He is the director of the Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY). While my mum is having a conversation over the phone. Mr. Lee asks me what I am doing at the moment. "I'm currently pursuing at SMK Bukit Baru, Melaka for Form Six," I say. "What are you going to do?" he asks. I say:"I'm going to pursue Foundation in Arts. After that, I'm going to pursue English and Communication." 

   "Very good! At least you have an idea on what are you suppose to do," Mr. Lee praises me. He explains the MUFY programme outline to us. I'm all ears when he explains every unit of the subject. After the meeting with Mr. Lee, we have a meeting with Mr. John who is a Principal of Sunway International School (SIS) based in Malaysia. He explains the Canadian International Matriculation Programme (CIMP) which involves course work and community service. Madam Ruma Lopes drops by and gives us the Foundation in Arts brochure. 

  Lastly, Madam Cheng Mien Wee is the last one to meet us. She explains the programme outline of Foundation in Arts. Maths is the normal one so I can say it is okay to me. Then, we head to the Information Centere to gather some information. After the three meetings with the directors, it's time for us to head home. 

  Hopefully I will be accepted to Sunway College. 

No comments:

Post a Comment