2 June 2017

DCLA Communication N Networking Student Club Soft Launch (2/6/17) 

  After tutorial for Principles in Advertising and Design, Joanne, Phooi Khew and Mei Fong drop me at the Gallery View, NUB Level 1. When we are about to enter the room it's dark, so we just go in and ask whether it's the right room of the Communication N Network (CNN) student club soft launch. We open the door to see the seniors preparing for the event. "Hi!" Aliah greeted me, who ws the emcee of the DCLA Alternative Media Talk.

  The committees of the student club are wearing in their best, I was thinking: "Maybe I should wear my dress." As you know, I'm just the average university girl. Who knows I'll be one of them some day, only time will tell. I asked Aliah whether she is gonna be the emcee of the day, "No dear, I'm not gonna be the emcee but Ruwan is," she points to the tall boy who looks sharp in his suit. While waiting for the event, I decide to walk around the room to get my energy hyped up, I sign the guest board and had a snack or two with drinks.

  I even get to see my seniors rehearse for the event. I'm hoping that I can host an event one day because when I step on the stage, the spotlight is on me. Yes, I love the spotlight! I feel a little hungry at one point so I go to the back of the room to grab myself a popiah and a box of mango juice. There's a guest signature board for us students and lecturers to leave our autographs behind.

  One by one students are filling in the room. The event begins with the countdown of the launch of the student club, follow by the entrance of the VIPs (Head of Department, Professors, Dean etc.). The committee of the club introduce themselves before we are treated to a magic show by Wayne and a performance by FeedBack. The remaining of the event is a game of charades, you know you can't say out the answer but you can give clues for the person who is guessing.

  My team won so got a big bag of  snacks! And with that ladies and gentlemen, the soft launch of the CNN student club has come to an end! I can't wait for future activities

No comments:

Post a Comment