2 June 2017

First English Presentation as a University Student (1/6/17) 

  Hey guys, new month of the first half in 2017! Wow, time does really fly when you are having fun! For the first time ever, I was having my first English presentation as a university student. I'm sure you might ask: You had presented in college, why this is your first time? Well, college giving you the basic steps to present in a smaller crowd while in university it will be a bigger crowd (it also depends how the size of your classroom or lecture hall is).
 
Before the presentation, our English lecturer divided us into groups. Then we were given a task to choose the product of our choice or come up with the product of our own as we are presenting in front of a group of "investors" to "convince" them to "invest our company". My team and I decided to come up with the idea of a massaging bed alongside with a pillow speaker. Each of us had a "role play" when presenting our product. I'm the Creative Director of the "company"- Venflow. We even shoot a video to "promote" before we started on the PowerPoint slides. I was doing the first part of the presentation which was the Introduction, my otter team members did on the benefits, process and conclusion respectively.
 
We also did a few meet ups during break time and free periods in the morning for practice as we wanted to give our best shot to impress our lecturer and classmates. I was a bit tongue tied during the rehearsals of the presentation as I didn't have points to present. Thanks to my team leader, Youlanda, she helped me to sort out the points to get my facts right. Although I was still tongue tied at some points, not so bad as compared to my first attempt. We did change a bit on the presentation slides to touch up a few points.
 
All of us agreed to wear white as the colour coordinator because we wanted to look "professional". On the day of the presentation, we rehearsed one last time during morning free period. We even brought a pillow and mattress for demonstration. After two periods of tutorials, there was a one-hour break. It gave me the time to practice at the last minute. At 2.00pm, it was time for me to head to English tutorial. Our group was presenting last which was a good thing because enough time for us to gather ourselves up.
 
One group came up with this air fryer product and you've guessed it- free chicken nugget for everyone to try! After the group presented on their product which was E-Cig, time for us to step on the stage. I cuddled the pillow for a few seconds to keep my nerves down but during presentations in my college days I just grabbed the end of my dress. Thanks to the constant practices we had gone through, all of us managed to present without a single hiccup. After the presentation, there was a Q&A session for the "investors" to know more about our product. Ms. Priya was impressed with all the teams' presentations.
 
First English presentation as a university student is done! There's more to come


No comments:

Post a Comment