29 September 2017

MUFY Sharity Carnival 2017 (28/9/17)

  After Organisational Communication lecture, I was about to make my way to the college boulevard. I saw Farah Ann was talking to one of the students. I walked up to her to have a small chat with her. "You were one of the athletes I wanted to meet when I first stepped into college two years ago," I said. "Really?" she asked. I nodded my head. "Well, your dream finally came true! I gotta go, Katelyn. You're a lovely person," Farah said giving me one big hug before she headed off.

  I saw some my juniors were trying to sell the coupons but I was carrying my bag, it was hard for me to take my purse out since I'm walking with the elbow crutches. I headed to the ice cream stall to get my vanilla ice cream- I had two of them and a cup of coke to help cool off the heat. I walked around the boulevard to see the yummy food and drinks which were on sale.

  I bought three packs of waffles and one plate of Terrenganu's famous fish ball satae. I even got a free treat from rojak from James, who is the team leader of the stall. There were some students came by to promote their products especially foods and drinks.

  They even had two lucky draws- for the first one, if you wanna get a total amount of RM 2500, you gotta get two "7". Unfortunately, I got 4 and 9 so I didn't win anything but I did get a cuddly koala bear plush, even though it's the prize of the lucky draw. The other one was the normal lucky draw- your name got picked out randomly and you get the prize.

   The time was getting late, most of the stalls were packing up to call it a day but some of them were doing their best to attract the customers. Hui Yee and Wang Nan came to the boulevard to promote their Nerf gun game which was held at the third floor of the college's South Building. Soon after, we decided to call it a day when the last customer bought the last package of rojak.

  I helped out by cleaning up the table. Ms. Haslina dropped by for a bit to check on the progress. "You even got a new volunteer to help out," she was referring to me, the alumnus of MUFY! Not long after, my primary school friend, Colleen was trying to sell out her nugget celup. James was such a gentleman, "For the lady," he said. Wow, a treat from the juniors. I'll treat them next time around!

  When the time was about 3.45pm, it's time to head back to the university building for the last lecture of the day. I cuddled the koala which I got earlier during the carnival. I'm happy that the MUFY Sharity Carnival is getting bigger every year, as a alumnus I'm proud to support my juniors and it's so good to be back at the carnival. It triggered the good old days of my time studying the pre-U course back then.

  Hope to see you guys next year at MUFY Sharity Carnival 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment