8 September 2017

C & S Carnival Cycle 2 2017 (5/9/17-7/9/17) 

  The final cycle of C&S Carnival 2017 at Sunway University College has come to an end. Let's take a look at the highlights during the three-day event.

  On the first day, everyone was getting ready to get their booths set up at the NUB foyer (New University Building) and some of them were at the college's boulevard. On the eve of the event, we had to attend a briefing to draw lots for our location to set up our respective booths. Unfortunately for Sunway University Buddhist Society (SBS), we didn't get a good spot as most of us were at a youth camp and studying for exams especially ACCA students. As a result it was last-minute planning.

  After my lecture ended at 10.00am, I waited at the Sunway Chinese Culture Society's booth. Around 10.30am, Chia Tee and I headed to the boulevard. Our booth location was right at the end of the boulevard, near to the Graduate Centre (GC). I took care of the booth until 12.00pm because I had a PR lecture to attend. Luckily, the lecture ended an hour early so I went back to the booth to check on the progress but sadly no one came by. But at the end of day 1 of the carnival, I got my hands on the 24 seasons drums (In Mandarin: 二十四节铃鼓).

   The second day I dropped by the booth for awhile after I took the mini quiz for Organisational Communication. As every Wednesday, I had a full day of tutorials from morning till afternoon. Luckily I got the quiz done early, so I did have a little time to spare. I was planning to practice the drums when the tutorial ended, sadly they were already kept for tomorrow. I even auditioned for SunVoice Season 2 held by the Chinese Culture Society, I didn't make the cut to the top 30 but it's okay! At least I had the chance to be on stage.

   The third and final day of the C&S carnival, SBS decided to take a day off because during the last two days, our response from the students were not active and due to our location of booth, it was not the strategic place, so I helped out at Chinese Culture Society. Since it's located at the NUB foyer, it's an opportunity for me to practice the drums and learned some of the new beats from the students of Sunway CISA (Chinese Independent School Alumni).

  Well, that's all for now! We'll see you at the next C&S Carnival in 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment