15 September 2017

Sunway University Malaysia Fest 2017 (14/9/17) 

  Sunway University Marketing Society (SUMS) and Sunway Rukun Negara (SRN)  joint forces to hold Malaysia Fest in conjunction with the upcoming Malaysia Day which is coming this Saturday, on 16 September. The event took place at the NUB (New University Building) foyer. I had half a day to myself before my lecture started at 12.00pm. Settling myself down, I decided to walk around to warm up my legs, after spending two hours in the library.

  The stalls were setting up and some of them had already started their business. They had a variety of Malaysian snacks from muruku to mua chi to the famous rojak and of course my favourite, cendol! Since I'm from Melaka, I gotta taste the dessert. It turned out the coconut extract was a little salty. Salt prevented the coconut extract from decaying. Overall, it tasted good! It made me felt that I'm back home all over again. 

  What's with a festival without any performances? Sunway Chinese Independent School Alumni's (CISA) students were bringing the 24 season drums over to the university foyer. A big fan of the drums, I tried a few beats with my bare hands before they shifted them to the stage. I had a chat with Ming Han, who taught me how to play the drums during last week's Clubs and Societies Carnival. The first performance was a traditional Malay dance. 

   I was having lunch with my primary school friend, Colleen, at the university cafeteria. The beat of the drums started to play, my attention shifted to the performance. "You really like the 24 season drums performance, do you?" Colleen asked. "Yup!" I said. Organisational Communication lecture ended an hour early, so my friends decided to look around the stalls, I just tagged along. I bought a small box of mua chi

   Caren and Stephi bought fish ball kebabs and Taiwanese noodles respectively. We headed to an empty lecture theater to watch The Internship. It's their group assignment for Organisational Communication. Some of our course mates also dropped by to watch the movie as well. Just left about 10 minutes to another lecture class, we headed back down to the ground floor. 

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment